Kel~ My Story: Reaching for that thing you never wanted to let go of...

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Reaching for that thing you never wanted to let go of...



Bit of a random projection of thoughts today... Let's start with this morning. I got up at 7:50. Left the house at 8. Nothing wrong with that, is there...? What about this: I don't have a class till 12. Why did I leave 4 hours before my class? Because I hate being at home in the morning. You know what I DO like though? Long bus rides. How I get to uni depends on what mood I'm in. If I feel rushed and lazy, I will take the train. If I feel tired, and have something on my mind, I like to take a long bus ride. I decided to go with the bus today, same for tomorrow. Reason being I've been pretty busy lately, and not happy about certain things that are going on, I want to just have some quiet time to myself to just sit there and do nothing.

One thing that I realized this morning was that I find it hard to let go. Mum told me that my hoodie was tearing down the bottom and at the end of the sleeves, and that I should just throw it out. But... it's still wearable. I don't really care if people see that it's slightly wearing away - it's still in one piece. Besides, I doubt many people notice anyway. I don't want to throw it out because not only is it my favourite one, but it's like a souvenir from our last trip to hk in 2007. I don't know if it's me always being so sentimental, or whether it's my mum not being sentimental enough. I always hear her asking us to throw things out. Some things mean a lot to me. Some things don't mean a lot to her. Everything I have will bring back a memory, good or bad, and I'm glad they do, they're a part of my life and I'm glad they're with me. To just throw something out... I always find very, very difficult, no matter how insignificant they seem to everyone else.

Another thing I don't like is the way people keep saying they want to leave. I'm not talking about leaving a conversation or leaving a gathering. I'm talking about leaving Perth, or leaving the country. I have some deeper personal reasons behind it, but also... why say you want to leave, when... you really have no plans, and probably won't anyway. I don't know about other people but it makes me feel like... I'm not worth staying here for, not that I'm THAT important, it just makes me feel that way.

Something I found strange is... My post about Kaichou wa Maid Sama Episode 24. A little while after I had posted it, I looked at the viewing stats for that post. There was a total of 3 post views. There were also 6 Facebook "Likes" for the post, one of which was myself. The other 5 are people I don't know. Now let me ask: How did people who I don't know manage to like the post, if the post has only been viewed 3 times? Strange...

Okay, continuing with my day... So I got to uni at 10, and sat around and played with some OpenGL Graphics labs for a while, then went to my 2211 lecture at 12. Afterwards I had some lunch and then rewatched Fairy Tail Episode 46. Then, I went to my 1300 double lecture. Again, almost fell asleep in it. I left at 4:20, as usual. Took a long bus ride home instead of the train. Was really sleepy. And then when I got home, got changed and off to work.

Work was rather... hectic today. A and S, the two managers on duty, were both on make, which means the rest of the store isn't being managed. So, when receipts got mixed up, orders went missing, and customers started complaining, I went over. After sorting out a large number of orders that had been mixed up, I had to make sure all the orders being cut were coming out right. Then I was going between checking makeline, checking cutbench, clearing front counter, and getting poked by J Jie to authorize orders (Yes, it's J Jie now, will explain momentarily). I'm not getting paid the extra $2 I would have gotten paid if I was actually running the shift. And yes, it is $2.

J Jie saw that I recently referred to her as J Mui in a previous post. Since she asked, it must mean she's not happy with it, so now she's J Jie, happy? xD

I'm Kel, and this is my story~

1 comment:

  1. I like long bus rides too if I have a lot on my mind. It gives me time to be alone with my thoughts and think. Lots of people have expressed that they hate having to catch public transport where they have to take a long journey though. Which, I guess is annoying if you have to be somewhere fast, for example, right before a Uni exam.

    Yeah, I've heard a lot of people who say they want to leave Perth. Personally, I'd probably stay. It's not the most exciting place in the world, but as a place to live, it's not that bad. And yeah, it sucks when it seems like people are all too willing to leave you behind.

    Hmm, that is weird about the stats and Facebook likes for your blog post...

    ReplyDelete