Kel~ My Story: Gah. Headaches. Sigh.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Gah. Headaches. Sigh.

This day started out like any other day, then it became different, like any other day. Went to bed around 2ish, and up at 7:30. Planned to leave home within 10 minutes, as usual. However, sis came in as I was about to get changed and asked about another chem question. Still a little aggravated from yesterday, I go through and answer it. Then, I ended up not getting out of the house in time to take the bus to uni, so I ended up taking the train. Got to uni and went to my 9am lecture.

After my lecture, I went to the CSSE (Computer Science and Software Engineering) building. I had to copy some files over from the Computer Science servers to my lappy so that I can do my 2231 Project work without being in the CSSE Labs. I go in to Lab 2.01, which is the Mac Lab. I turn a computer on, run the Linux partition, and wait for it to load up. It took an incredibly long time to start up, I swear it was very very quick last time I booted it up. Anyways, I locate the folder, which is filled with 54 3d pre-rendered models, and proceed to copy it to my 750GB Hard Drive. At 113.5/343.5MB, it decides to freeze. Everything else could work fine, just the transfer just froze and sat there. Sitting there waiting to see if it would continue, I became frustrated and reset the computer. This time, I booted up the Windows 7 Partition. Turns out you can't access the file through the Windows 7. So... I gave up and went into Lab 2.03. I turn on a computer, boot up Linux, and then... it wouldn't let me log in =/ So, I moved to another computer. This one DID let me log in, and the transfer actually WORKED this time. Finally. Then, I copy over the sample solution to the project into the same folder as the 54 models and try to run it to check it out in more detail. It wouldn't run. Why? Because there was no glut.dll file located on the computer. Now, this file is essential to run out final projects. So, WHY are we doing our projects is a lab that DOESN'T support the type of program that we are writing?

I gave up on the project. Next, I decided to check out and print off some notes and tutorials for 2211. I go into firefox to look up the unit web page. Firefox opens, but won't open the home page. I then typed the url for google into the address bar. It didn't load. The computer was definitely connected to the internet, but it wouldn't let me open up anything. After a while, I type in the url of the unit web page, based on what I remembered from the general structure of unit web page urls. I go through and download all the tutorials onto my hard drive. I then proceed to print the tutorials and solutions. I open up the folder - the pdfs are set to open with Microsoft Word by default, which doesn't... read... pdfs... So I open up the start menu. THERE'S NOT ARCOBAT READER IN THE PROGRAMS LIST. I right click on one of the pdfs. THERE IT IS. OKAY. Sigh. So I go in to Tutorial 1, hit print. So I go in to Tutorial 2, hit print. So I go in to Tutorial 3, hit print. So I go in to Tutorial 4, hit print. So I go in to Tutorial 5, hit print. So I go in to Tutorial 6, hit print. I walk over to the printer. Only tutorial 1-3 have printed. I walk back to the computer, hit print on tutorials 4-6 again. Still didn't print, so I think... maybe the printer is out of paper or suddenly stopped working. There's four computer labs here, I'll just print to another lab's printer, easy. Boy was I wrong. I printed to the 2.01 printer. It didn't print. I go back, and print to the 2.05 printer. It didn't print. I go back again and THEN print to the lab 2.07 printer. Walked over to the 2.07 Lab to check but... the door was locked. I took my keycard out and scanned it. Access was denied. Great. That was just... great. After that I gave up and went to Reid Library to print it off at 12c per page.

After printing the tutorials, I go down to the Reid Cafe to eat. I meet A there, and chat for a bit. M and R were on their way to uni, and it was about time I left. I ended up leaving at around 11:30. After leaving, I had to go into the city. Why? Because... my phone was playing up. Every so often when I send or receive a text, it would say Memory Full. Even after I deleted all my photos, videos, music, and even 1500 texts. I took it in to Garden City's 3 store yesterday, but they said I should bring it in to the Service Center in the city. So anyway, I bring it in, and they have to take it to inspect for an hour or so, so I have to wander around for an hour. In the end, all my Tectsys were deleted ):I pretty much just went back and forth along Hay Street. Visited Empire Toys and Tokyo Underground. There were actually some nice things I would like to have bought, but... need to save up some muni (:

Afterwards, I got on the 940 to Garden City. I walked around a bit at first, and then went into EB to buy a new stand for the Wii. Upon walking out of EB, L and B were working... well, really FINISHING work, and they were going to walk around for a bit first. I joined them. Walking around, we eventually made it to Kmart. L wanted to buy a storage container to use as a fish tank. I highly doubt that would be effective. After a while of looking around, we bump into E. E was shopping for a "bubble gun" to use on her prac. Later on, L and B left and I met up with E again. Continuing her search for a bubble gun, we stumble upon edible playdoh. You can tell how much of a little kid E is by her reaction to bubbles and edible Playdoh. Afterwards we got bbt. I had run out of cash, so I went over to the ATM to get some while E ordered. When I came back to order, E comes over to stop me because she had ordered 2. So in the end, we had out bbt, played with the bubbles (Should I release the video, E? XD) and then had to part.

Lately I seem to be having quite a few headaches. In fact, I have one right now. And now. And now. Am I thinking too much? I don't think so. I just think I've had too much going on lately. S says I should see a doctor =/ My eating's been different now too. Not a good idea, but I generally skip breakfast nowadays - part of the reason I can be OTD in <10 mins. Yesterday I skipped breakfast, had a small lunch at 2, and then skipped dinner. Not good for me, is it? ):


I'm Kel, and this is my story~

1 comment:

  1. I agree that you should probably see a doctor if you are always getting headaches...best to get checked out just in case it's something serious. Hopefully not though, and all is fine. And yes, eating so little is not good!

    ReplyDelete