Kel~ My Story: And so it continues...

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

And so it continues...




Okay well you know how yesterday was a bad day? Today was not quite as bad, but still quite bad. That guy we'd been trying to look for... he... well I don't want to say too much but let's just say apparently the police got involved. We got a call from him at 2am, raging. Now, from my experience from watching Lie To Me... there was fear in his voice. My dad took the call, but I could hear it, and I could hear the fear in dad's voice too. It wasn't pretty. I didn't sleep well after that, as expected. Managed to get to sleep maybe around 3am, then woke at around 7am but just lay there half awake until around about 8:45.

Afterwards, I just brushed my teeth, got changed, grabbed my bag and left to go to uni. I didn't have class till 11, but I just wanted to get away from it all. Turns out that... I didn't have class at 11. I mistook it to be Wednesday's timetable. My 2211 class is at 12 on Tuesdays and 11 on Wednesdays. I walked in to the room and the lecturer still hadn't got there yet, but the students seemed different, I recognized no one. Also they happened to be talking about some algorithms I never heard about. So I log in to olcr to check my timetable and there it was: 12 noon, not 11am, so I quickly just grab all my stuff and run out.

When I reached outside, I noticed that it had been raining. Five minutes ago, just before I went in the Lecture Theatre, the sky was fine. Now, it was dark and raining. Laptop in hand, I run through the rain (Yes, stupid of me not to put the lappy away, but it was a 10m run so... yeah) back to Reid library. I sit there for a but with M, R and A. After a while I felt like not going to my 12 noon lecture, since I already embarrassed myself by sitting in another lecture (not even sure what unit that was).

Seeing as my next class was at 3pm, I decided to give payroll a call to ask about my payroll account. As expected, no one answers and so I leave my name and phone number. So then I sit around and download some more of my HK dramas. 900kb/s downloads ftw! After a while I go to get some lunch - chicken pasta today, and then did some study for my 2211 midsem on Friday.

2:45pm came and I packed up and went to my 1300 lecture. Mainly an intro to C Programming, teaching what the different variable types were (eg int, float, char,... etc) and loops (for and while). The lecture included some Assembly Language which was from the lecture I skipped last week, so I didn't get that. It was a double lecture, meant to finish at 4:45, but N and I left at 4:20. I left because that's when I usually leave to get home in time to get to work on a Tuesday, and N left because... he was bored and he'd already done the whole unit on C Programming.

So 5:45 came and I went in to work, a little grumpy from the events that happened at 2am, but still... anyways it was relatively quiet when I walked in, A on counter and J cutting, as usual, then T and S making and drivers floating around the store. 6:00 came and it suddenly got exceedingly busy. The foyer was full, and there was always 35+ on screen. We were reaching 7 minute load times, and S and I were making as much and as fast as we could, with A cutting and J and T serving counter. A little while after, I noticed A was losing the oven, so I left S and T on makeline and went over to cut. Setting up 2 stacks of boxes, I started double-cutting. I didn't realize we were making this fast. When cut was fine again and A took over, I went back to makeline and wow... fifteen minute load times. We had 0% pickup service from 6:30-7:30 (I think). It was a hectic night.

No real rant from me tonight, which is a good thing (:

Btw, in reference to the image, all the years I worked in Dominos, I never knew that Dominos had a mascot: Pepperoni Pete!

I'm Kel, and this is my story~

4 comments:

  1. yay! :)
    I'm sure everything will work out in the end mr kelphin even though it seems really bad.. just study hard for the exam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! and gluck for ur test today and friday exam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg Dominos has a mascot??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Pepperoni Pete XD I only found out a few weeks ago... on Doti I think xD

    ReplyDelete