Kel~ My Story: Paradise Lost

Friday, September 17, 2010

Paradise Lost

So... before I forget it all... Today... Well I slept at 2am. Was watching my hk dramas again. Got up at 7:30, and left home 10 mins after. Took the 940 bus out to Esplanade again, more long bus rides ey? So I get to uni and try to work on my OpenGL work, which involves pretty much just all the GL_MATRIXMODE and GL_PROJECTION stuff. Camera views and windows etc. I don't know why I can't get it to work properly >.< At 2 I went to my 1300 lecture, and I had only just realized yesterday that my 4th lab for 1300 would be on a day when I'm still in hk. I should contact the coordinator to temporarily move to another lab session, or sacrifice 3% of my marks.

After 1300, I went back to Reid for 1.5 hours to continue with OpenGL work. Afterwards, I head on the bus to Garden City. Reason being I have to get both of my phones fixed up. My Nokia keeps randomly freezing up and restarting itself. My Sony Ericson keeps saying the phone memory is full, and isn't letting me send texts. I went through and deleted EVERYTHING that I could delete. Photos, Videos, Music, and around 2,000 text messages. Still no luck. Went in to 3 to ask them. They suggested bringing it in to the Tech Support people in the city. Looks like a trip to the city for me tomorrow then. As for the Nokia, I took it to Skytec. I failed to mention that the Nokia was bought in HK and so when they tried to reinstall the AU software, is wasn't compatible. They said it would probably be another hour to fix it up if we're lucky. I decided to take it back and bring it around some other time, since I had already been wandering Garden City aimlessly for almost 2 hours already.

Now, when I get home, I'm tired, sore, hungry and have a headache. So what happens? I walk into my room, set up my lappy, and then sis comes in to ask me about some chem questions. I explain - You can use ANY method you want to get to a certain step. She asks me how to choose a method, I repeat - You can use ANY method you want. I think that IMPLIES that it DOESN'T MATTER which method you use, just use whichever method you find EASIER. Correct? She doesn't get that. My headache gets worse. She calls mum, says I'm not helping her. I TOLD YOU WHAT TO DO. I'm not going to tell you the answer because YOU NEED TO LEARN TO APPLY THE TECHNIQUES TO SOLVE THE PROBLEMS, and YOU HAVE A SOLUTION MANUAL.

Now, let me briefly reiterate my helping people. I like to help. Really, I do. It makes me feel good and I know that I've helped to make someone else's life easier. However, I do NOT want people to RELY on my services. What I WANT is to help people to help themselves. It's like if you ask me to help you solve a maths problem. Sure, I could solve it for you right there and then, but I don't. I will walk you through the steps and give opinions on what you should do. That way, you can learn to do it yourself and maybe next time you won't HAVE to ask for help. And I'm not going to be standing next to you in your exam telling you you've forgotten this, this and this. People get support from friends and family. However, the most important part is yourself. If you have no hope or give up, then no matter how much support you will get, you will never truly succeed.

I'm Kel, and this is my story~

1 comment: