Kel~ My Story: Coke, Porridge, and Cameos

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Coke, Porridge, and Cameos




It's exactly 9pm. Please note that:
  • I will be doing other things while writing this blog post, so the timestamp will not be 9pm.
  • I am sitting in bed now. Normally I don't sit in bed till around about 10:30.

    So, what's going on? Well firstly,
    Happy Birthday to Bernard Kretzmann

    It's a relatively dark and cold day today. I must admit, the weather was perfect... every few moments between the drizzling. And by perfect I don't mean bright blue skies with a golden sun, I'm talking about the temperature being just right - not too hot, yet not cold enough to freeze our socks off; gentle breezes that make the trees sway; the sky slightly clouded so that not all the sunlight comes through; the sky being still being bright despite the drizzling. I thoroughly enjoyed just sitting there watching it. That being said, I had only written two pages of notes the whole three hours I was in Reid.

    Regarding the picture, it's a photo I took on the walk home today. Looking at the small rainbow amongst the dark gray clouds... it seems so insignificant compared to the clouds... insignificant, but there. The light in the darkness, the spark of shining hope when all you think you see is darkness.

    Backtracking a bit now, but I woke up at 7:30, and got ready to leave for uni. I made and took home a square puff pizza at work yesterday. No one had eaten any of it, which was perfect for me - I grabbed a few slices, shoved it into a lunchbox and headed out. Just as I was locking up the house, B comes back and says she forgot her glasses (I'm wondering how, since she wears them almost all the time). So... I unlocked all the doors again and turned off the alarm, waited 20 seconds for her to grab her glasses, and the reset the alarm, locked up the doors again, and headed over to the bus stop. I'm walking roughly 20m behind B, and I watch where she goes. She takes the 98 or 99 to Canning College. However, she was not walking in the direction of the 98/99 stop, nor was she walking to the 511 stop like me. My guess is she was going to the 510 stop, but I don't see why...

    Moving on, I arrive at uni at 8:55. I skipped my 2211 tutorial, as usual. I really shouldn't, seeing as the midsem is on Friday. Anyways I went straight to Reid to check the sheets for the 1300 tutorial at 11am. After looking through and deciding not to print them, I go down to the cafe, turn on my lappy, and have one last check of the instructions for the 1010 test. After that, at 9:40, I head over to Blakers LT for the test. Now, I just want to point out now that there are two things I have to remind myself NOT to consume within the 24 hours before a maths test: Porridge and Carbonated Beverages. These two things seem to ALWAYS give me a horrible stomach ache, though only in maths tests. Unable to fully concentrate, I managed to complete maybe 80% of the questions. I just hope I can pass the unit this time, I failed pretty badly last semester.

    Moving on, I had my 1300 tutorial afterwards. Seeing as I missed last week's lectures because I wanted to study, it turns out that I missed out on learning a whole programming language: Assembly. Seeing as I know Java, which is related to C, which is the format they were doing Assembly in, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I really just need to go back and ilecture last week's lectures. Also I need to do some work on learning my Hex numbers. And so after the tutorial I head to my 2231 lecture. Waiting outside, I see T. After a few mins, T decides to leave. Not sure why. The previous lecture ends and everyone heads inside. After a few more mins, G arrives. So today we talked more about lighting and defining ambient lights and vectors and etc. At the end of the lecture, the lecturer shows us examples of presence and absence of ambient light. G and I looked at each other, and we both thought: Boy are we behind. We can draw squares, and can draw some cubes. The examples the lecturer put up were fully rendered 3d teapots with a moving light source that changes rotational orientation upon a mouse click. We are behind. Gotta catch up next week. Midsem and learning Assembly have to come first.

    After the 2231 lecture, I headed back to Reid cafe, and G headed to his 1412 lecture, I think. As expected, A was down the end at Reid Cafe. At first, I thought I'd just join him for a bit, and then go over to the Science lib to study for the 2211 Midsem. I put down my stuff and took my lunchbox of puff pizza into the cafe to heat it up. The line for the microwave was surprisingly long today - even longer than the lunch ordering line, which is highly unusual. After eating, the people at the powerpoints left. Seeing that, and the rain caused me to pack up my stuff, and move over to steal the powerpoint xD. So I didn't end up going to the Science library. Having a powerpoint, I can use my lappy, which is good and bad. I get sudden motivation to study once I have my lappy, but I also get motivation to procrastinate, which is what happened then. I started facebooking and MSN'ing. after a while, I realized my notes weren't going to get done, so I decided to quit and just browse around the web, watch some videos and take a break.

    After a little browsing, J says hi on MSN. Apparently she was over at her brother's office in the CS building. She was going to go to Reid but felt sleepy and went there instead in case she actually did fall asleep xD And El said hi too, but then I wasn't able to say anything back, my messages couldn't be delivered, so I had to fbChat with her instead. We were playing Pirates, of course. Battle battle battle. El ranked up, I think (:

    So then I got home, had dinner, took a shower, then got into bed with lappy. Wrote another 2 posts while writing this one - the ones for Bleach and Amagami SS that I watched earlier today. S finished her TAFE lectures and started chatting with me on gTalk. Apparently C misses me. I really never knew I meant THAT much to her. I mean sure, I'm a good employee (I think) but we didn't really connect THAT much, did we? I still feel bad for suddenly leaving though, it is actually something I normally would not do. I just hope they know I had a really hard time making this decision. I'll still drop in every so often for a cameo, like last week(: C wasn't around though. S and G were.

    I'm Kel, and this is my story~
  • 7 comments:

    1. ahahahhah.. i used to take coffee before exam and wanting to go toilet with tummy ache during the exams.. but i coudln't give up coffee cos I think, I think, it makes my brain think faster.. XD
      now i'm immune to it yay! :D
      I think I kinda know who the ppl in this post is lol.. anywayyy stop playing pirates and study for exam tmr!! xD

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hahaha, I'd expect you to know who El is, but I don't think you know who all the other people are... Who do you think they are?

      And
      "Cameo

      English
      Etymology
      From Italian cammeo.
      Noun
      cameo (plural cameos)

      2. A single very brief appearance by a prominent actor or actress (or other notable) in a movie or song."

      ReplyDelete
    3. ah i see.. is B=c*****n
      G=G***f
      and the otehrs = work mate
      A could be a****d

      and previous post (one that hit on ur friend and then fb u)= n****l

      ReplyDelete
    4. Nope, all wrong, and I don't even know who you think B is... B's name starts with B, that's why i said B.

      ReplyDelete