Kel~ My Story: Updatesss (:

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Updatesss (:



Aurora Borealis. I dunno why, but recently I just... like it. So colourful and prettyful hahaha.
Let's start things off by mentioning (before I forget to mention it) that I did in fact lost my phone while in Hong Kong. It happened the first Sunday. We were on a bus going to the center that organized the event we were partaking it, when I must have got up too quickly and let my Nokia Xpress Music phone slide out of my pocket. I tried calling it when I got home, but it wouldn't call. The battery was fully charged and the keypad was locked with a security key. Someone definitely stole it if a phone call didn't get through.

A few days later, I bought my new phone - the Sony Ericson Xperia X10. It's relatively good, the camera is awesome - 8.1 MegaPixels. The battery is a little strange though... it doesn't charge effectively if I plug it in a powerpoint. Plugging it into a USB port however charges it perfectly. It runs on Android 1.6, which is anticipated to be upgradable to Android 2.1 at the end of this month. With the upgrade, the 3-panel home screen will become a 5-panel screen, which means more space to shove your junk xD Also with the release will be the ability to capture HD video content, which will be awesome. There are various other additions along with the Upgrade, and I'm looking forward to it, and hoping there will be a 2.2 upgrade soon (because 2.2 supports flash 10.1!!! xD)

That aside, time for a little... erm... rant and/or... erm... (:. Okay recap of my weekend. Saturday. I wake up at 7:30. Sister is in the bathroom. Taking a shower. We normally take showers in the evening/night, reason being you're dirty from the things you've done during the day, and you should clean up before you head off to bed so you can start fresh and clean the next day. Apart from that, in the morning everyone is rushed. There simply ISN'T time to take a shower. Sister however, decides to just... go to sleep in her uniform every school night and take a shower in the morning. This is QUITE irritating because in the morning I expect to be able to get up, go to the bathroom and clean up for a few minutes and then head out to uni. Because of her, I have to get up, SIT THERE AND WAIT FOR HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES HER TO FINISH, THEN do my stuff. Once I'm awake, I don't want to go back to sleep because it will be even more difficult to wake up again in 5 minutes. Therefore, just sitting there wasting my time is my only option.

That aside, back to Saturday morning... I wake to notice that my sister is showering. I then move over to the tv and sit there and wait for her to finish. an hour later, she's still in there. I give up. Luckily I remembered that I put a spare toothbrush and towel in my parent's bathroom, so I head over there. I then proceed to open up my lappy and continue working on my Computer Graphics Project. My room is right next to the bathroom, so I can still hear water running. I ignore it. After a while, mum calls us out for lunch. It's 12:30. I hear the bathroom door open. WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE DOING IN THE BATHROOM FOR OVER FIVE HOURS??? Does she not realize that there are OTHER people who need to use it too?

Moving on... the night before, mum asked me to help her take my brother up North to see a doctor about his foot. It was getting better but she just wanted to see the doctor again to make sure everything was going well. Why was I asked to go along? To navigate. They don't know how to use the GPS or read maps, and thought it'd be a good idea just to have someone else to help look after my brother. After lunch, we leave to go to the doctor. As I step out the door, mum tells me... "On second thoughts, maybe you shouldn't go. Dad might need your help to move that car engine later. Just set up the GPS and we should be ok." Hmmm.... okay... Firstly, I actually planned my day around taking my brother to the doctor, since you told me last night. That means I have absolutely nothing to do now that you tell me not to go. Secondly, dad has a huge engine crane thingy to lift and move the engine, there's almost no way he'd need any help with it.

Seeing as I had absolutely nothing to do, I decided I'd go download some anime to watch. But no, my brother starts a download before he leaves... and we're shaped, and it's so bad that I couldn't even get on msn. So... I quit, and decide to go to the lounge, shut the blinds and just lie there, because it's actually quite calming and relaxing there. But nooo my sister had to be there "studying". Quite frankly I think it's ridiculous that she gets THREE rooms and FOUR desks to "study" at, and she never does. Since when does someone start GIGGLING all of a sudden when they study? O.o So what do I end up doing? Going to my room, shutting off all my monitors, closing all my blinds, lie on my bed and watch Amagami SS on my phone. Sigh. It's kinda really sad. There was absolutely nothing else I felt like doing.

//Side Post (Highlight to read)
Amagami SS Episode 15
We're on to our forth girl now, the freshman Nanasaki Ai. Personally, she is my favourite so far. Nanasaki>Morishima>Tanamachi>Nakata. She's... well cute, but not "cute"... hard to write I guess.
//

So after this, it's time for work. I had quite a serious headache through most of it. I'm really not sure why I get these headaches all the time ): Nevertheless, I kept at it, even though I was apparently being mean to J MUI (Yes, I'm changing it to mui, happy?) and the other J. I was ditched ):

Skipping Sunday, since nothing much happened, and moving to Monday, I had a lab for Digital Systems at 10am. As usual, I leave an hour before my classes start. I walk towards the bus stop. The 940 AND 511 leave. Great. The 2 buses I normally take to uni leave just as I get there. It occurred to me that most of my morning Facebook status updates are complaining about Transperth services. Does that mean much? Sigh. Moving on, I reach my lab a bit early and wait outside. This is meant to be a 3 hour lab from 10am-1pm. I wait for 20 mins after the lab starts. My partner hasn't shown up. 10 minutes more, and I decide to join in with the pair sitting behind me. Now, I don't know if this is skillful or evidence that I really need to study, but I managed to get 100% in this lab, without a clue of how to do any of it. Okay, I plugged a cable into the car, and turned it on. I had no clue about the programming portion, which was... well the whole point of the lab. It feels like this semester's pre-exam study sessions are going to be as bad as last semester's (Record being 20 hours at uni... 8am-4am the next day).

The lab went quite smoothly, and an hour in to the lab, guess who shows up? Yeah, my partner. By that time, my new group was already about 90% done with the lab. Perhaps I should have stayed to help, but I really wasn't in the mood. Afterwards, I went to the usual spot in the cafe. Normally I don't go at this time since I have my 3 hour lab, but we finished in about 1.5 hours, so I headed there to see who was hanging around. M, R, A and A were all there doing their MATLAB. Funny thing about that unit (GENG2140) is that well... the unit coordinator posted on their forums saying something like... "We know who is plagiarizing. We're not going to do anything about it, but we just thought you should know that we know." Crazy ey? Essentially you can plagiarize and not have any penalties. Another penalty you can avoid is late submission of the assignments. No penalty is applied if the assignment is handed in within 400 hours of the submission time. 400 hours is... 16 days and 16 hours. You could probably START the assignment AFTER the due date and still get full marks. Strange ey? After hanging around the cafe for a bit, I had a maths tutorial. Got my test back. It was a pass but... not that good. I got full marks for the calculus section, but very low marks in the LA section. I know what I need to be studying now I guess.

After my tutorial, my classes were over for the day. I decided to stick around uni though. I worked on my Interactive Graphics project. I finally got all my camera transformations done! PARTY TIME xD My lighting still isn't working properly though ): We still have time, so it should be doable (:

Now, for TUESDAY, aka today. Today, I ALMOST had a good sleep in. Mum had to wake me up to write an absentee note for my brother. My sister knows English. She can't write it? Sighhh... After I was woken at 7:30, I laid in bed for a while, then mum took sis and bro to school, and made her way to my aunt's house to take her to the airport. I start classes at 11 today, so I could take some time to actually... have... breakfast. Yes, I was surprised. The last time I actually had a real breakfast on a weekday was... well... so long I can't even remember. A few months at the very least. However, that too was cut short. 10 minutes before I usually head off to uni, the phone rings. My brother's calling home because he's unwell. Some stomach pains. Mum was at the airport, or... more likely driving back home, and she wouldn't answer her phone if she's driving. If I had my license I would have driven to pick him up. In fact, I considered driving illegally to pick him up. In the end, I didn't. I told him to wait for a bit, and I was going to bus there. I headed out the door and ran to the bus stop. I made it there at 10:56 exactly, which is when the bus is due to arrive. It was 2 minutes late. Also, the driver was incredibly slow. I felt a bit... I don't know... but I just kept wishing he'd drive just a litttttttle bit faster. He didn't.

On the bus sitting behind me was a young couple. They were erm... I guess the best word to use here is "playing"... and talking in cantonese, probably thinking no one would understand what they were saying. Just before the bus reaches the stop I had to get off at, mum calls. The couple then just... sit there in silence as they hear me speaking in canto I guess xD Anyways, yeah mum called. I left my bag open on the couch just to let her know I was out, and not on my way to uni. I told her my brother was sick and I was about to get off the bus and go into the school. I walk in and head into the sick bay. No one was there. I checked all the rooms. No one was there. I walk out and see him and a teacher walking towards me. Apparently they saw me coming and I didn't see them seeing me. The teacher asked me if I was in a rush to uni. My response: "Not anymore" xD I told my brother to sit down for a few mins, because mum just got home and decided to drive the car around to the school to pick us up.

I got to uni, and my lecture was already halfway through, so I decide to go over to the cafe. Everyone was there again, working on their MATLAB. I work on my Graphics Project. M is envious xD Went to my lecture at 12, then went back to have lunch, then at 2, everyone left... well everyone but me.

I was expecting a call today. Some people saw, some people didn't, but last night was the season premiere of the "Undercover Boss" tv series, and it began with... you guessed it - my company! Basically they get the CEO of major corporations to pose as new recruits who work undercover to see how their companies are really running. What's good, what's bad, what needs improving, what people are valued assets to the company, and etc. Don, the CEO of Dominos Pizza Enterprises, which looks after all Dominos stores in Australia, New Zealand, and various parts of Europe, visited four stores during the program. He met 6 people, as a new employee. It's kinda funny how employees can't recognize the big boss of their company. It's even more surprising for them when Don calls them over to Dominos HQ and reveals that he is the CEO. In the end, one guy got $10,000 for flying lessons, one guy got $2000 to fix his motorbike, one couple got their earnings matched dollar for dollar going towards the franchise they wanted to begin, One lady got air conditioning fixed in her store along with a new car. Finally, we come to a man named Raj. His story is quite admirable. He was a manager of a mechanical engineering company in India, but recently moved to Australia so that he could give his children a better future. He now works 60+ hours a week as a "Delivery Expert" at the busiest Dominos store in the country. After showing Don around, Raj makes them some lunch, his own pizza. Made of Tomato Sauce, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Cheese, Capsicum, Feta, Pesto, Garlic Olive Oil, and Pesto. Don tastes it and says it's great, and asks why Raj hasn't brought this up to the company. Raj tells Don that he's not the one who decides what they sell, that only high positioned managers and the CEO can decide. Don says this is wrong, everyone has the right to bring forward ideas. In the end, Raj was given box seat tickets to the Ashes for him and his sons, as well as $1500 and his pizza to go on the menu as the "Rajetarian".

Because of the publicity of the company on last night's program, along with the fact that it's cheap Tuesday, it's going to be quite busy, and so I was expecting to get called in to work tonight. While sitting around in the cafe alone, my phone rings, then stops ringing before I can pick up. I check it and it's the office phone number form out store. I call it. V picks up and says he's been getting emails saying tonight will be busy, and he wants to reorganize the staff to accommodate for it, so I got a shift. Yes, I don't need YOUR shift J Mui, I got my own. xD.

On the way home, mum complained about my driving. Again. She said I turn the steering wheel too much when I turn corners. I make 2 small turns of the wheel when I turn. She says NO, MAKE ONE BIG ONE. After a while of not listening, I finally give and and make ONE BIG TURN of the steering wheel. I end up going along the other side of the road. Great. Then she asks me "Why did you do that?" to which I respond "You told me to make one turn, so I did" to which she responds "When you drive you have to look at the situation yourself and drive based on that, not what people are telling you". I think to myself... wasn't that what I was doing in the first place? O.o

Okay, I've held on to this post long enough, will try to continue tomorrow (:

I'm Kel, and this is my story~

2 comments:

  1. oyah!!! hav u seen Brother Bear??
    The story got aurora in it. Remind me of that movie ;)

    ReplyDelete