Kel~ My Story: Spilt

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Spilt

J Mui assumed I was going to blog about this photo when I took it. I Facebooked it, but just so she won't be wrong, I'll blog it too (: (Will as picture later)
Okay let's talk about work. Recently I moved back to work in the store where it all began... three years ago. Funny how things turn out, right? I'm the only one left of what we call the "Old Mxxxx" staff. Back when I left in March, I was a SR or... part time manager. Since I've returned, although I still have the Authority and Computer Access and etc, I haven't done a single manager shift yet. V and A however have asked me if I could, since V is taking a month off. So, soon I should be doing some SR shifts again. More money for me xD

Most of the staff changes are actually... relatively good compared to what it was back then, even though the store is making much less in sales since the Axxxxcxxxx store opened up. Major changes include A becoming assistant manager, and G becoming a SR. Also J Mui and the other J(who Facebook says is a fake friend) are new instores.

T is now an instore, not a driver (better for him cause he doesn't have to pay for petrol and ends up getting more pay). Actually T is quite a good guy. He doesn't respect "manager's" opinions, but he respects mine. The thing is, when you become a manager, you shift from doing what's best for the customer to doing what's best for the company. I don't have the pressure of the company on my ass, so I still do what's best for the customers. For example, tonight someone put through an order over the internet. We were out of stock of one of the items they wanted to order, so T called them back to ask them if they want to change their order or just leave out the item we were currently out of stock of. They decided to replace the item with another one, which significantly increased the price. Now, since it is our fault that we are out of stock of what they wanted, it's not fair for them to be paying more for what wasn't originally what they wanted. When this happens, I will change the price to match what they ordered before. For example, if they ordered $10 worth, and changing the item increased the total to $15, I will charge them the original $10.

Another example is something that happened last week. A customer had come to pick up his order a LONG time after when they had requested it for. We dig up the order, and realize one item is missing. We get the item remade immediately. Coincidentally, they had free vouchers on them, but it was only valid at a certain store. T and I discussed the situation and decided to allow him to use the vouchers. I approved it, and went on to do whatever it was I was doing before. Later, A sees the vouchers and asks what they were. T explained what happened. A lost his temper at us because we "can't just give free stuff to customers", and even if we reject the vouchers, they're "still going to pay the full amount". There's another store literally 20m away that is in the same business. Another company, but the same business. We already lost a part of their order and were getting it remade for them. It's only fair that we just take their vouchers. It's valid at another store. So what? We accept vouchers from other COMPANIES too. And it's not like giving it to them will make that much of a difference to profits, we lost what... 0.01% of the day's sales?

The power was out for a while today. I had nothing to do so I just sat there on the couch. Suddenly... N texted me. First time I've heard from her in about 2 monthsish? Sigh.

I'm Kel, and this is my story~

1 comment:

  1. hahah well done kelv! I reckon it's right.. Cos you might lost a bit of money, but you earn the credibility that you might lost from that customer if you didn't let them get charged the original amount/use free vouchers. Let's hope they keep coming back to your store!

    ReplyDelete