Kel~ My Story: RAWR. Not having very good luck lately.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

RAWR. Not having very good luck lately.

Thursday. It all started then. 1pm, MATH2209 Calculus and Probability test. ELT1. Spent waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on q1a, only fully answered q1c. I Think I failed. Sigh. Anyways, I go home. I woke my lappy up from sleep, and suddenly an error message appears saying that Windows has detected a problem with my hard drive.

...

...

...

naoyuisrfgoiahuysrghiuamerghuiasvngmfviyuwgsertyuifgenwilaghbiseturgyouiyaefguyrgkqr. What the friptorial? o.o It was working fine like 2hrs before. I put it to sleep, headed home (with a small detour), turned it on, and this happens. Great.

I quickly back up all my *important stuff* and then realize that I have my assignment to submit online. I already finished it the night before but hadn't submitted it. Oh. Great. My net just HAPPENS to be down. Sigh. I log in to msn on my phone and literally go down my list and say hi to every person living nearby. The first person who answered was then asked "Are you home now, can I come over like RIGHT NOW?" I managed to submit 10 mins before the cutoff. Then I go back home. I try most of the night to see what's up with my lappy. I failed.

Got up the next day at 9am. I had a class at 10. I rushed out and got in the car and zoomzoomzoom'ed. No parking spaces were available when I got to uni, so I had to paypark for 1hr. After my class, I was going to go to Myer GC to ask about the warranty on my lappy. When I get to GC, the carparks were quite full, but I managed to find a spot to park. It was incredibly small though. I turned in, and then mid-turn I stopped. I couldn't go forwards anymore. I get out of the car to have a look, and not only did I have my back tire against the kerb, the pole had scratched my back door. I freaked out. I tried over and over again, panicking. I kept failing. One guy came over and gave me directions to move my car out. He was nice :D He left before I could thank him though ): Anyways, moving on, I left that parking spot and moved to another car park.

I parked successfully and headed up to Myer. I explained the situation to the guy working there. He asked me "Is it a virus?"...................................

...

...

...

Seriously?

I think I would know if it were a virus. He then said "Go home and format it. If it runs smoothly then it was a virus and it is now fixed." AGAIN. I know if it's a virus, but FINE, I'll do it anyway. (I did not say those exact words to him). So I go home and wipe my drive. When trying to install Windows again, I go through all the instructions and etc. When it gets up to selecting the drive/partition you want to install onto, all of them said "Cannot install windows onto this drive as it will fail soon." SEE? CAN'T BE A VIRUS. SIGH.

So I got back to Myer and they ask me to go home again and call Toshiba =.= So I call them. They said they would inspect and repair it at a service centre. The nearest one was inBelmont. Yes, Belmont. Sigh. Either they could pick it up or I could drop it off. I of course dropped it off - better than waiting for them for 2-3 days.

I didn't know how to get to the place so I used Google Maps on my phone. On the way back, I remembered the way back, but I figured... it's Google, they probably have a shorter route, but NO, it decided to take me up north. I just kept going and going and when I saw Burswood, I just turned back. I kept having to go back and forth because I also was not in the right lane at the right time and so ended up not being able to turn onto the streets that I needed. Sigh. Then there was a traffic jam on Leach Hwy. I had work at 4 and it was 15 mins to go when I got near home, so I just went straight to work. Luckily I prepared for this and threw my work clothes in the back seat before I left.

So at work, its quite busy and as usual, people aren't doing any work, just pretty much me and J Mui. I swear were' the only two people who even remotely think that it's important to do you job. Anyways, my 3hr shift ended up being 4.5 because I had to stay back to help out. I didn't really have to, since there were more than enough staff on, but obviously they were just lounging around. After workies I went to get bbt. J Mui didn't want any, but tagged along anyway. WHY? Afterwards I drop J Mui back to her car and then head home and actually sleep. No lappy means I sleep. Sigh. Not fun.

The next day I worked a manager open shift. I went in an hour early to do some extra work (which I was told I would be paid for but I probably wasn't). Anyways I do all the usual stuff and then the driver comes in and helps out, and then we open the store. First customer who comes in says "I'd like one of your $4.95 pizzas" and I ask him... "What? $4.95? o.o" He shows me the flyer. It was legit. I thought to myself... "Oh cra..." I take his order and the immediately go out back and text the manager - her phone does not take calls. It sucks. Anyways she replies with "Uh nobody told me wtf" Yeah... that doesn't really help me now, does it? So I go and call for staff to come help me. Two guys could only come on at around 2pm. I told them not to worry about it. J Mui was the only other person who could come and help. ARIGATOUGOZAIMASU. We still had a lot of stuff to do, but we made it.

When manager comes in, she explains the situation to me. She stopped replying to my texts. She says she texted another higher-up manager and he didn't know either. The she told him that there was no way she was going to come help because she's working the close shift and left it at that. Really? Are you kidding me?

The special lasted the weekend, and I happened to me opening again the next day. I got a text from the manager again 1hr before opening saying she FORGOT to ask more staff to come help me. Seriously? And the only one that would have been able to, she kept him in the store for close, which was probably until 3am. J Mui unfortunately couldn't help because she had Church. Also, Sundays are always worse than Saturdays in the daytime. It was pretty much just me. It was NOT fun. I had several complaints. I even put out notices before opening saying "We are severely understaffed, so there will be a wait for your orders. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you." I still got complaints. One I remember quite well was a woman who said she placed an order before. I checked the name, phone number, time, price, everything on the computer. There was absolutely no record of that order at all. I tell her I can make it in 10 minutes. She says "NO. I need it NOW." Then proceeds to complain to me for a further 25-30 minutes. If you didn't complain, you'd have your order now. In the end I just had it delivered out to her for free, better than continuing an already-30-minute-long argument. This was really bad because it also set our orders back, because I was the only person making all the orders. Sigh.

After the promotion ended at 4pm, things got much quieter. The manager took the day off to go to Superfest. Sigh. Another person did the close. To "help" this guy, the manager rostered a few extra people on. There were waaay too many people on. Everyone was standing around doing nothing. In peak, I actually did not do any serving or making or anything, I tidied up the cool room, making it bearable to stand in. J Mui commented saying "That's the way it should ALWAYS look". The manager doing the close commented saying "Wow, this place actually looks organized now!"

Monday. I left for uni at 7am. Wanted to skip all my lectures and just study for my exam at 1pm. I didn't. I ended up studying for around 1.5hrs. I slept around 4am (not studying) and hadn't done ANY prior study for the exam. After 1.5hrs I thought... wait a minute... I think I've covered all the material... which means... I definitely missed a whole heap of it. I ended up going to my lecture that was just before the exam. In the middle of that lecture my head started aching. When I left the lecture, it was manageable, but not very good. DURING the exam, which I did not find mindblowingly difficult, the headache got so much worse I was just thinking... shoot me now. Right after the exam, I had my lab for the same unit. The labs are registered as 3 hour labs, but they never last 3 hours. As usual, this one lasted almost 4 hours, and during the lab I was thinking... if someone had shot me, I wouldn't have to endure the pain of being in the lab ):

After the lab I drop by workies to check rosters, then I went home to sleep. I slept 2 hours, had dinner, showered, then went back to sleep. It was good. :D

I so so so hope things start to get better. Soon.

I'm Kel, and this is my story~

No comments:

Post a Comment