Kel~ My Story: Sadfish

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sadfish

Lately I haven't been blogging much - if at all. It's not because I don't try, it's just that when I'm writing a blog post, I suddenly lose interest or get distracted or... just don't feel like making the post. I just don't like to just... sit here... and write... I think... (:

Anyways, regarding this post's picture. Sadfish. Where do I begin? I was working an open shift a few weeks ago. Part of the work during the day is preparing ingredients to use. When preparing the Sun Dried Tomatoes, I figured I'd have some fun. The Sun Dried Tomatoes come packed in a box, mixed in the marinade of oils, salt, and a list of other stuff I can't quite remember. The process to prepare the Sun Dried Tomatoes is fairly simple - remove the marinade and put the Sun Dried Tomatoes into a container. I decided not to throw away the marinade. I poured it into a container. That night, G was close manager and J Mui was working instore. I asked J Mui to stick her hand into the container, lid closed hiding the contents, of course. After all the fun, we had to get rid of the marinade. Normally it goes down the sink, but we normally don't pour this much down there at once. J Mui asked me not to kill the fishies by pouring it out. G poured it out. xD Later that night, J Mui and I were discussing the marinade. I drew out, on paint, a portrait of G pouring the marinade down the sink, and the fishies crying. My usual "sadface" saying then became "sadfish" and I animated the fishie from my drawing. Following sadfish was happywhale, then angryjelly, sexyshark, dizzystar, and teasyturtle. We even changed the names of our name badges at work. I'm Teasyturtle, J Mui is Sadfish and J is the upcoming Crankycroc.

Speaking of work, last Monday I did an open manager's shift. I came in at 9:30am, looked at the desk and we suddenly so... enraged. We recently had a change in store manager because the previous store manager got promoted and moved away. This new one is very... well not good at all. There's been 3 people quit already - 2 of our best drivers and one manager. Anyways, why I was so enraged was because I worked 52 hours the previous week. 52 hours is a lot. I was looking forward to my overtime pay, which means my paycheck for the week would be ~$1200 before tax. The note she left me said...

"Kel, when doing labour last night I saw you worked 51 hrs for the week.... So I can still give you S/R shifts. I have had to cap this @ 38 hrs but as we have [Another Manager's Name] here from next Tuesday you guys have less SR shifts next week. We need to add 13 S/R hrs to your pay! And keep an eye on your hrs. I was a bit lazy this week and didn't realise how many hrs you were working! Please put this in purple EOW file."

Breaking down the note...

"I saw you worked 51 hrs for the week" - It was actually 52.25 + 1.5 hrs that I came in early, which right now I'm not expecting to be paid for.

"So I can still give you S/R shifts" - You gave me 4 SR shifts. The rest were normal instore shifts. You also deleted one of the shifts I worked from the time clock.

"I have had to cap this @ 38 hrs" - No you didn't have to. You CAN put over 38 hrs, but everything over that will be paid to me in overtime, which is what you should have done, but you didn't because it will make YOU look bad.

"We need to add 13 S/R hrs to your pay!" - No, it's 14.25.

"And keep an eye on your hrs." - If you were actually doing your job, you should know I was working heaps... 5 open shifts in a week... that's 40+ hrs already.

"I was a bit lazy this week" - A bit...? Riiiiiiight.


So, on Monday, the Regional Managers decided to drop by for an unexpected visit. They saw the note and asked me about it, I explained. They were wondering why the hell she did what she did, and called her up to make sure that the extra hours were paid to me AS overtime. So... you know what she did? She Put the double hours through for me this week, as my normal pay, and cut my shifts for this week. Altogether I was rostered to work for 12hrs this week. It's not normal for me. Saturday night I worked 12.5 hrs, so what she rostered me for 1 week was equivalent to what I worked in 1 day the previous week. Sigh.

So... this week I had 4 days off. I don't know what I've done these last 2 days, and I don't know what I'm going to do these next 2 days. I'm actually very, very bored. Most of my friends aren't around. Carter is in India, Wen Wen is in Malaysia, Misa-chan is in Singapore, Pii is in Indonesia, J Mui is now in Singapore, George is in Europe, G is going to Singapore soon. Pimp and Butters are both working too much. And of course there's the people who I don't want to see... they're... not people I want to see (: I'm quite lonely, sadfish ): I've been reorganizing the layout of my 5 homescreens on my phone. I changed it about 10 times in the last 2 hours. Sigh.

I'm close to getting my license though - my 6 months finished on Jan 14. I haven't logged 25 hours yet though. I'm sitting on about 15 at the moment. What annoys me is that mum obviously wants me to get my hours and get my license, but when we go out for a drive, she insists that she drives, and I just log the hours. The whole POINT of having the 6 months and 25 hours is to let you LEARN BEFORE YOU GET YOUR LICENSE. Mum's point of view is to just get the license first, THEN learn - so why bother with the 6 months then, why bother? For example, this morning I woke up at 6am after about 3 hours of sleep, just 1 hour less than my average. We were taking the suspicious white van that has been sitting on our lawn for at least a year to a scrap metal yard in Armadale to sell as scrap metal. Dad drove the van. Mum and I were in the car. Mum insisted that she drives and follows dad to the yard, even though none of them know exactly where it is. Mum insisted that she drives because she thinks I won't be able to keep up with and follow dad in the van. Newsflash - I have GPS on my phone. The car also has GPS. The idea of driving the car is to get to the yard, not to follow dad. If I can get to the yard, I should be fine to drive. Mum said no, she has to follow dad. Now, after going along Armadale Road, a huge truck decides to get between us. Mum says "No worries, we have you and the GPS, we don't have to follow dad, we can just use the GPS to get to the yard." ISN'T THAT WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO SAY THIS WHOLE TIME? Then, just before the yard, we have to turn into a small road. Dad knew the name of the street, but not where it was. I was watching the GPS on my phone and saw him drive right past it. Mum just kept following him hoping that he'd stop. He didn't. Mum didn't know what to do - dad didn't have a map, GPS or a phone, so mum just kept following. I then suggested that she overtake dad and pull over - easy to do since dad was going 60km/h on a 90km/h road.The whole trip took twice as long as it should have. We managed to stop dad about 7km past the turn he missed. Sigh.

I'm gonna go watch some anime now. Will be bored, so will probably start to blog more.

Sadfish.

I'm Kel, and this is my story~

1 comment: