Kel~ My Story: New lappy? Ye~nnnnnno. RAWR.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

New lappy? Ye~nnnnnno. RAWR.

I have had a pretty terrible past 2 months or so. So much random crap has been going on - some that happen to brighten my day, but mostly stuff that's very depressing. The main thing is me wondering what my value is to everyone. Whether I'm there or not, nobody cares. When I do something, nobody seems to value what I do, and also, and I can't stress this enough to some people, I have my own life and things I need to do for myself too.
I'm exceedingly indecisive, as many people would know, and quite often I don't voice my opinions. Why is that? Part of the reason is that a lot of people just don't care about it. Quite often I ask myself: Why do I bother? Take for example last Sunday. Harvey Norman has been having a laptop sale recently - buy one get one free. My sister and mother sometimes just... ><. My sister complains her laptop is slow. Mum offers to buy her a new one. Now, I go ahead and voice my opinion: "She doesn't need a new one. She does a whole load of crap on hers and she refuses to have it formatted after using for around 2 years now. It's a perfectly good model, a Dell Inspiron 15, and there is absolutely no need to replace it." There we go, I voiced my opinion. How does it follow through? I get dragged along to Harvey Norman with mum, sister and brother. 


Brother goes to look at keyboards. Mum and sister are looking at lappies. I roam around the hard drives nearby. Why is it always that I get asked such trivial questions? Mum calls me over and asks which lappies are covered under the buy one get one free offer. The lappies with the yellow sticker that says "BUY ONE GET ONE FREE" may probably be the ones you're looking for, but of course she drags me over instead of asking my sister standing right next to her. I walk off, and then get called back again because mum is now asking sister which one she wants and she doesn't know. She looks at one of them and says she doesn't want it. Why not? Because, and I quote "This one doesn't have Photoshop, I need one with Photoshop." I CHALLENGE anyone anywhere to find an authorised computer retail outlet that sells lappies preinstalled with Photoshop. It's expensive software, they will not just give it to you. So... all this time she went around looking, judging lappies based on whether or not they had Photoshop installed.


Sigh.


Moving on, they find one "suitable" and mum asks sister to ask the salesperson about the specs. She has absolutely no idea what to say. Sigh. Mum asks for my opinion. Asks. For my. Opinion. So I tell her - this is a colossal waste of time and $1300. I can fix up her current lappy in 1 hour for... a LOT less than $1300. You can guess what happens next - mum says "I'M NOT ASKING ABOUT HER CURRENT LAPPY, I'M ASKING ABOUT THIS ONE" to which I reply "I TOLD YOU, I THINK IT'S A COLOSSAL WASTE OF MONEY." They buy it anyway. Now, honestly, I have no clue what type of lappy they ended up buying because I do not care at all. They carried it out to the car, they set it up, they're using it now. If there's any problems, I promise I will not be helping. After offering to help on previous occasions and being rejected, yelled at, accused of infecting her computer, and completely disregarding any advice I give, I guarantee that I will not be helping her fix it if anything happens at all. Harsh I know, but it's what I'm going with.


I'm Kel, and this is my story~

1 comment:

  1. Younger siblings are so spoilt...sounds a bit like my younger brother >.<

    ReplyDelete